Lower your risk of diabetes and also naturally manage diabetes by adding proper nutrition in the form of our seabuckthorn products fortified with necessary herbs derived from ancient ayurvedic wisdom.
About 422 million people worldwide have diabetes.
One in six people with diabetes in the world is from India.
There are 2 major forms of diabetes. A third type of diabetes is gestational diabetes.
Diabetes is an important cause of blindness, amputation and kidney failure
What cause Diabetes ?
Diabetes is a number of diseases that involve problems with the hormone insulin. Normally, the pancreas (an organ behind the stomach) releases insulin to help your body store and use the sugar and fat from the food you eat. Diabetes can occur when the pancreas produces very little or no insulin, or when the body does not respond appropriately to insulin.
How Ayurveda see Diabetes ?
- As per Ayurveda details, "Prameha" could be related to Diabetes. 'Prameha', translates into 'Pra' - Abundant, 'Meha' - urine or urination. Therefore, the passing of frequent or large amounts of urine is associated with diabetic condition.
- The major cause leading to diabetes mellitus as per Ayurveda is aggravated Kapha dosha, which could be due to a sedentary lifestyle and poor eating habits.
- There are three main types of prameha which is further subdivided in twenty types i.e. ten kaphaj, six pittaj and 4 vataj.
- Kapha, in which kapha affects lipid metabolism, muscle tissue development and fluids in the urinary bladder.
- Pittaj, in which pitta aggravated due to excessive intake of hot, amla (sour), lavana (salty taste), alkaline & pungent foods, irregular diet.
- Vataj, in which vayu causes prameha. Use of excessive amounts of astringent, pungent, bitter substances in foods, irregular eating habits or eating cold foods can cause of this type of prameha.
How Ayurveda can Help us ?
- According to Ayurveda, the treatment of prameha is also dependent on the individual's body constitution i.e. prakriti.
- Sea buckthorn - Sea buckthorn oil may also help prevent diabetes. Animal studies show that it may help reduce blood sugar levels by increasing insulin secretion and insulin sensitivity. One small human study notes that sea buckthorn oil may help minimize blood sugar spikes after a carb-rich meal
A combination of following ingredients can help in moderation of blood sugar levels, maintains healthy cholesterol levels and helps in normalizing the kidney and liver functions.
- Methi ( Fenugreek ) - It is rich in fiber which helps to improve metabolic symptoms associated with Type 2 diabetes and lowers blood sugar levels.
- Karela - It is used as a vegetable, and has been traditionally used for medicinal purposes to prevent a sudden spike of blood sugar and it is also helpful in improving glycemic control.
- Haridra ( Haldi ) - It has been used as a traditional medicine in India since ages. It balances Kapha dosha, manages and alleviates the diabetic symptoms.
- Trikatu - It is a rational combination of three plants items (Pippali, dry ginger & Kali mirch). Piperine is a potent bioavailability enhancer. It has shown prominent protective effects on diabetic liver, kidney, eye and neural system complications.
- Gudmar - It has anti-diabetic activity which is attributed to the ability of Gymnemic acid that delays the glucose absorption in the blood. It also helps in maintaining cholesterol levels.
- Jamun - This fruit is used for edible purpose and helps lower the blood glucose probably by insulin secretagogue effect.
- Daruharidra (Indian Barberry) - It exerts strong antioxidant effect along with anti-diabetic effect. It has a good potential to regulate glucose homeostasis through decreased gluconeogenesis.
- Punarnava - Punarnava in ayurveda is very useful in rejuvenating the body and in sugar management.
- Revand Chini - Revandchini is beneficial in severe headache, blood disorders, diarrhea, diabetes etc. Loss of appetite, slow digestion, burning in urine, lumps, wounds, etc. can also be taken from Revtika